Terms & Conditions
Any reference to either 'us', 'we' or the ‘Owners’ in these Booking Conditions refers to The Carriage Owners, "you" or "your" are references to the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party. So that you understand the basis of the contract between you and us when you book your accommodation, we have laid out as clearly as possible, the conditions on which your booking is made. Nothing in these conditions affects your normal statutory rights.
1. Your booking You must be at least 18 years old when you book your accommodation. Your booking is made as a consumer and you acknowledge that no liability can be accepted for any business losses howsoever suffered or incurred by you. When we issue our written confirmation to you we enter into a contract with you, the party leader, which is subject to these Booking Conditions. Any disputes or queries will be between the party leader and the owner. The party leader will assume responsibility for the whole party and the compliance with these rules of all party members. We have the right to refuse any booking prior to the issue of our written confirmation, and if we do this we will tell you in writing and promptly refund any money you have paid us. When your confirmation is received, the details must be checked carefully. If anything is not correct you should tell us immediately. We need to know the first names, surnames and ages (if under 18) that make-up the party. If there any changes to the party, you must inform us in writing.
2. Paying for your accommodation. A non refundable* booking deposit of 40% is payable when submitting your booking form either online or by post. Upon receipt of your form and payment we will send your confirmation by email within 14 days. In addition to the booking cost we ask for a £100 breakage deposit (described in clause 3).
We must receive the final balance of the booking cost no later than 10 weeks before your arrival date, together with the £100 breakage deposit (described in clause 3). However if you prefer we will accept the £100 breakage deposit no later than 14 days prior to your stay (payment by internet banking or card only). If your bank returns your payment to us unpaid, we reserve the right to make an administration charge of £25. *exceptions are described in Cancellation clauses 4 and 5 below.
3. Breakages and Damage to property. A breakage deposit of £100 is required as part of your booking. This deposit will be refunded within seven working days of departure subject to the following conditions. Please advise us of any breakage or damage as soon as possible after it has occurred, i.e. not as you leave. The leader of the party is responsible to the Owners for the actual costs of any breakage or damage caused by you or your party in, or to the accommodation along with any additional costs that may have resulted in remedying the condition of the accommodation. These costs may be deducted from your £100 deposit, but are not limited to that amount. You may be billed for the difference between this and the actual cost of the repairs.
4. Cancellation of booking by you We advise all guests to take out travel insurance in case they need to cancel for any reason. If you have to cancel your booking you must contact us as soon as possible as to the reason for cancellation and we will re-advertise your cancelled booking. If another booking is found and it is for the same original value, the balance would be returned to you less a £50 administration charge. If a new booking is found for less than the original value, we will only return the amount we receive less the £50 administration charge.
5. Cancellation of booking by us If we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example, fire and/or flood (force majeure), you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for circumstances beyond our control you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation will be payable.
6. Accidents, injury and personal property This is a small country railway station built over 150 years ago, in a rural, woodland setting and as such may be unsuitable for persons with walking disabilities or restricted mobility. Please read our Accessibility Statement if you are unsure before booking. All guests and their visitors must take care whilst walking in the grounds and on the platforms especially at certain times of the year. We advise that appropriate footwear and clothing should be worn. Supervised children are safe to enjoy the grounds. No barbecues are permitted within the grounds.
You must take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal property and person. No liability to you is accepted in respect of damage to or loss of such property. The Owners shall have no liability to you for the death or personal injury to you or any member of your party. For booking queries contact: Steve and Lisa Rawlings, Coalport Station Holidays, Station House, Coalport, Shropshire. TF8 7JF. England. UK, Tel. +44 (0)1952 885674
7. Website and advertisements We aim to ensure that the information and descriptions provided are accurately conveyed on the official website www.coalportstation.com and any authorised third-party websites or advertisements. There may be small differences between the actual accommodation and its description as we are always seeking to improve services and facilities. There are many unauthorised websites listing holiday cottages, we cannot accept responsibility for any mis-description by these sites. Occasionally, problems mean that some facilities or services become unavailable, and if this is the case we will tell you as soon as reasonably practical after we have been made aware of the situation. Similarly, we cannot accept responsibility for any changes or closures to local area amenities or attractions mentioned on the website or advertised elsewhere.
8. During your stay You can arrive at your accommodation after 3 pm on the start date of your holiday and you must leave by 10 am on the last day except for bookings departing on a Sunday when you must leave by 1pm, unless there is another booking arriving on that day. The Owner is entitled to refuse to hand over to you or to repossess the accommodation if they reasonably believe that any damage is likely to be caused by you or your party or can repossess the accommodation if damage has been caused. You cannot allow more people than you have booked to stay in the accommodation, nor can you significantly change the makeup of the party during the duration of your stay in the accommodation.
You may not carry out any form of trade or business from the property, nor may you sub-let any part of the carriage. The carriage and grounds are entirely non-smoking and you agree not to smoke in any part of the carriage or grounds. The carriage is in a quiet rural area, you must pay due consideration to the neighbours and avoid late-night noise, particularly outside. We will treat contravention of any of these rules as a cancellation by you and Section 4 will apply. You must allow the Owner or any representative of the Owner access at any reasonable time during your stay. They have right of entry to the accommodation at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
9. Pets Pets are not allowed.
10. Cleaning on departure You agree to keep the accommodation clean and tidy as found and leave the accommodation in a similar condition. The following basic level of cleanliness is required on departure; Cookers and ovens clean and fat-free. Kitchen floors swept. Crockery and cutlery washed, dried and put away. Carpets vacuumed. Obvious spills and stains removed. Any furniture moved restored to original position. Bins within the carriage emptied into the outside dustbin. Failure to meet this standard will result in a cleaning charge against your deposit.
We operate our household to be as environmentally friendly as possible and re-cycle as much as possible. Bottles, Tins, Cans, Paper, Cardboard and plastics should be washed and left in the appropriate bins and these will be collected.
11. Problems & Complaints Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable holiday and to date we have had no serious complaints or problems! If however, you have any problem or cause for complaint it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. In the case of serious problems please confirm in writing. We value your custom and want you to return!
12. Jurisdiction These terms and conditions are subject to the Laws of England.
Have a very relaxing and happy stay!
Steve and Lisa Rawlings