This is a small country railway station in a rural setting and as such may be unsuitable for persons with a severe walking disability. There is a gravel car park. To gain access to the carriages you need to walk down a gravel path which has a slight slope and onto the platform.
The self-catering accommodation consists of 2 Mk1 railway carriages furnished with the ultimate in modern fittings. It is set in the scenic beauty of the Severn Valley at Coalport Station which is in the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site.
Unfortunately at present we are not able to give detailed floor plans like the ones on the website due to incompatibility with the software.
You can book by contacting us by Telephone, 01952 885674 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org where you can download a booking form, or we can send the information to you.
- We email / post directions to you when we confirm that your last payment has been received.
- Unfortunately at present we are not able to provide any alternative format such as Large print, Braille and we are unsure about the Website accessibility - we hope to improve this at a later date.
- Any guests with a mobility impairment or visual impairment should be accompanied so as ensure the safety of the guest. We are in the Ironbridge World Heritage Site which has a local bus travelling between Sites and which goes to Telford you can catch the bus (route 76 / 77) from Wellington Railway Station or Telford Town Bus Station 5 times a day (except Sundays). You catch it from the stop outside the China Museum on the other side of the river to us - approx 0.3 miles, 10 - 15 minutes walk from us. We are not able to know if is there is any accessibility on the bus but as a walking disabled person myself I wouldn't attempt it. The nearest shop-mobility scheme details is in Telford Town Centre.
- The Distance to nearest town for shopping is Madeley or Broseley both of which realistically should only be by car or bicycle unless very brave as there are steep inclines and hairpin bends. It's a level walk into Ironbridge along the Severn Valley Way.
- We can collect / return guests from Telford railway station for a small charge in our car, this unfortunately does not have accessibility for wheelchair users nor it seems do any of the numerous taxi firms we contacted which would be able to drive to or from Telford railway station or anywhere in the locality. We can also do other trips if necessary but this should be agreed in advance.
- The nearest equipment hire services are in Broseley and the Location of the nearest Radar toilets are in Telford Town Centre.
- To arrange for the delivery of provisions to you at Coalport Station you can email the following supermarkets in advance:
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Coalport Station is a small country railway station in a rural setting and as such may be unsuitable for persons with a severe walking disability.
- As per the directions to the carriages: When you get to the Station House you drive down the private road a short way, you will see on your right, the carriage car park, go through the double farm gates and into the gravel car park.
- There is a gravel car park. To gain access to the carriages you need to walk down a gravel path which has a slight slope and onto the platform. We hope to concrete over the gravel slope in the future. the entrance to carriage 2 is approx 15 metres and carriage 1 30 metres from the car park. There are 4 steps up from the platform (with hand rails on both sides) but no ramp. Unfortunately the carriage doors are original and are unsuitable for wheelchair access. The internal doors are also narrow at approx 50cms.
- Due to their nature of vintage railway carriages are not suitable for people in wheelchairs.
- Please contact us by email or telephone if you require any further details.
There is a Washer / Dryer and an iron in each carriage.
There is a paved / decked area for each carriage with table and chairs and barbeque.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- Carriage 1 consists of 3 Bedrooms: 1 double 4.6 ft, 2 x twins with 1 x 3ft, 1 x 2.6ft in each
- Carriage 2 consists of 2 Bedrooms: 1 double 4.6 ft, 1x twin 2 x 2.6ft beds or 1 x 5ft
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Carriage 1 consists of 1 x En-suite bathroom with whirlpool & 1 x family Shower room
- Carriage 2 consists of 2 x En-suite bathrooms with walk in showers and 11/4 size full whirlpool baths We do not have any handles or handrails in the bathrooms as the construction of walls are not able to support any.
- Carriage 1 kitchen area is fitted with the latest Bosch appliances including refrigerator with freezer compartment, automatic clothes washer-dryer. Dishwasher, double fan assisted oven with separate touch control ceramic hobs, a charcoal filtered overhead canopy as well as an extractor fan window mounted.
- Carriage 2 kitchen area is fitted with the latest AEG appliances including refrigerator with freezer compartment, automatic clothes washer-dryer. Dishwasher, double fan assisted oven with separate touch control ceramic hobs, a charcoal filtered overhead canopy.
Grounds and Gardens
- We have approx 4 acres of private grounds including our own woodland walk which is a particular favourite with guests young and old. Whatever the time of the year for your stay, there is always something to see, from the beautiful woodland flowers in the spring, to the ferns, mosses, lichens and fungi. Our walk leads up the hillside and has handrails for those who may have walking difficulties; it is gradually being extended with the help of the lads from Care (a local charity for adults with learning difficulties).
- So even guests with moderate walking difficulties may like to try it!
We let guests know upon arrival and greeting, all of the evacuation procedures, escape routes, fire exits and assembly area together with the placement of fire blankets and extinguishers. There is a plan for each carriage on the wall with the fire exits and fire implements clearly marked. We tell guests that the fire assembly point is on the lawn in front of the carriages and that one of the guests should make their way to the Station House and alert us.
Whilst we have emergency lighting, heat and smoke detectors in the carriages we are not equipped with flashing lights, vibrating pads etc
Everyone in our household has disability awareness due to Lisa’s disability and some also work with adults with learning difficulties. Unfortunately we cannot communicate by British Sign language. Equipment such as hoists, wheelchairs or any other equipment which guests have arranged can be hired and dropped off on site ready for use.
Guide and service dogs are allowed on site and within the carriages. An extra charge is levied due to deep cleansing of the carriage after use by guests with service dogs due to potential risks of future guests suffering from allergic reactions. All other pets are not allowed.
There is a No Smoking policy throughout the carriages and grounds.
There is only limited availability of mobile networks from bedrooms / public areas / grounds
We attempt to limit Signage to the barest legal minimum to re-create an authentic look and ambiance without 21st century overkill.
Carers are guests and as such are treated with civility and courtesy. There is availability of fridges within the carriages for storing medications and special dietary foods.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide carers. However in the case of emergency you may call upon us there should be someone around to help. There is a proviso that all residents within Station House are aware of disability needs on a day to day basis and handle client’s requests with the utmost servility and respect.
We are located within one of Britain’s most popular tourist areas, are blessed with peace and tranquillity and silence for most of the time with the very occasional teenage boom boom noise which we endeavour to tell them in a very polite way to get lost as we are on a private road and that we have three males over 6ft tall living within the grounds it seems to work wonders!
In an emergency always dial 999. An emergency is a critical or life-threatening situation. The nearest public telephone box is situated on Coalport High Street, opposite the Shakespeare Inn (over the other side of the river).
The Princess Royal Hospital - (Accident & Emergency) Apley Castle, Grainger Drive, Shropshire, TF1 6TF. Tel: 01952 641222. email@example.com
G.P. Broseley Medical Practice, Bridgnorth Road, Broseley, Shropshire, TF12 5EL. Tel: 01952 882854
ShropDoc 08450 20 21 31 Mon - Fri 6pm 7am / Fri 6pm - Mon 8am www.shropdoc.co.uk Shropdoc provides high quality Out of Hours Primary Care Service for the population of Shropshire, Telford & We. Operational between the hours of 1800 - 0830 Monday to Thursday, 1800 Friday to 0830 Monday, and Bank Holidays 0800 - 0830 the Following Morning.
Dentists (Emergency) 0845 4647
West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Trust
Non emergency 01743 364061
Web site: www.wmas.nhs.uk
West Mercia Police
Non emergencies 08457 444 888
Web site: www.westmercia.police.uk
Shropshire Fire and Rescue
Non emergency 01743 260200
Web site: www.shropshirefire.gov.uk
Electricity Power failures - contact Central Networks
on 0800 328 1111
Advice and details of other suppliers are listed on the Energywatch website: http://www.energywatch.org.uk
Gas escapes and emergency
24 hour service 0845 7 444 999
Garages (Fuel) Wheatland, Co-op Broseley Total 01952 881173
Repairs & Service Just Service Ltd Broseley 01952 882100
Taxis Diamond cars 01952 222222
Dave's Taxis 01952 883973
Go Carz 01952 50 10 50
IHC Travel 01952 585888
Local public transport numbers: For impartial travel info visit www.traveline.info.com or call 0871 200 22 33
Plan your entire trip with Google visit www.google.com/transit
Telephone: Calling from within the UK: 01952 885 674 & from outside the UK: +44 1952 885 674
Please leave a message on the answer phone if we don't pick up the telephone
Hours of operation: Mon – Fri 13.00 – 18.00
Mrs Lisa Rawlings
Emergency number: 07973 154914 / 01952 883087
- A more detailed description of our provision of accessible facilities.
- Seeing if we can make the Website more accessible to those with sight impairment.
- More detailed descriptions of rooms in each carriage.
- Detailed floor plans as with the ones on the website.
- Concreting the gravel slope.
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01952 885674 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been unable to find an answer to your question please contact us.